About Spirit Magazine:
Spirit is published three times per year by the Texas A&M Foundation, which manages major gifts and endowments for the benefit of academic programs, scholarships and student activities at Texas A&M University. Through compelling stories and photography, Spirit celebrates unique individuals, the joy of giving back and the Aggie can-do spirit from a perspective that spans the entire campus.
About the Texas A&M Foundation:
The Texas A&M Foundation is a nonprofit organization that exists for the benefit of Texas A&M University. Its mission is to raise major gift and endowed funds and manage assets to enhance the academic excellence, Aggie spirit and affordability of Texas A&M University.
About the Current Issue:
There’s always something new to read in Spirit. In addition to much more, this issue features articles about:
* A $20 million gift from Jon Hagler '58 that names the Hagler Institute for Advanced Study and fuels Texas A&M's brightest minds. Read more.
* Cadet Slouch, Texas A&M's most lovable cartoon character, and the man who gave him life: James Earle '54. Read more.
* Dr. Lisa Campbell, who keeps shellfish eaters safe through early detection of harmful phytoplankton in the Gulf Coast. Read more.
* Kelly and Mike Hernandez III '83, who invested in the lives of Brownsville students through a new scholarship program. Read more.
* Frances Hodapp '18, the recipient of a nursing scholarship that honors the lives of two individuals. Read more.